On Mon, 21 Mar 2005, Ben wrote:
> I'd like to setup a load balancing cluster to handle compilation jobs (I
> don't want to use ditcc)
>
> What kind of perfomance can I expect from a Global File System?
>
> Can a redhat enterprise/cent os cluster handle job scheduling the the
> least available machine?

Do you have central storage (FC, Shared SCSI, etc) that you are planning
on sharing with GFS? From what I've read, GFS doesn't have any way of
replicating data between boxes, so if you don't have shared storage, it's
not useful. [I'd love to hear if this is incorrect!]

If you don't have shared storage, NFS may be the simplest route.

Just curious, why not use DistCC?