Hello,

Over the week-end I was trying to get Debian testing on my Ultra1
workstation. Debian installed fine but failed to boot afterwards due
to some problems with initrd on Ultras. I got around that by building
a monolithic kernel, then moved on to tweaking the user space.

I have installed X, but I have a strange problem: the keyboard is all
messed up: you push one key and it displays something else.
The googling turned up some "yeah, *that problem*" but no simple HOWTO.
The keyboard works fine in the console.

So, if anybody on this list has XFree86 running on a 2.6 kernel
on a Ultra, please post whatever you needed to do to make it work.

Thank you,
florin

--

Don't question authority: they don't know either!