Hey all,

I've got Mepis v3.3 (pretty much the default install with libdvdcss
added) on an HP Omnibook XE3. 800Mhz proc with 256Meg of RAM. When
playing a DVD in Xine, the sound drops out occasionally, and yet in
Mplayer it does not. (I've played with older versions and had the same
problem.)

I like Xine better as it allows me to access the DVD root menu, whereas
Mplayer just starts playing the movie (this can be a pain when the
default is to play the movie with director comments).

I've seen the same thing happen on an Omnibook 6000 (733 proc with
256Meg of RAM).

Any ideas or things to try? Thanks.
--
Todd Young