On Thu, 10 Mar 2005, Florin Iucha wrote:

> Hello,
>
> I have two subnetworks (10.10.0.0 - 100 Mbit and 10.0.0.0 - Gigabit)
> separated by a linux server that acts as a router. I am running dhcpd3
> on the router, but I have a problem with the configuration.

IIRC, the protocol supports specifying additional routes for the client to
install, but not a netmask, so it defaults to classful.  Your route for
the 10.0.0.0/24 network would be installed as a /8 in the client.  I just
checked and I don't even see this option in ISC DHCP3...

If this is the case, a workaround would be to set the default gateway on
the clients to the Linux router, and let the router reroute the packets to
the DSL.  Not 100% optimal since the packets go over the same network
twice, but you're talking about a DSL line, I don't think it's going to
severely impact performance on a 100M LAN.

Another option may be to add another NIC to the router and have the router
be the real gateway for the DSL.  But this may not be an option depending
on the rest of your setup.