On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at 11:34:03PM -0600, Ken Fuchs wrote:

> I must confess, I do pronounce "Linux" as GUH-NU-LEE-NUCKS.  However,
> when GNU/Linux is written "Linux", I always assumed the GNU was omitted
> by accident or ignorance.  (I like invisible letters even less than
> silent ones.)

Then why are 'Apache Foundation', 'BSD', and the various other major
contributors silent?

> The Debian project both writes and pronounces "Linux" as "GNU/Linux".

Yes, another bit of Debian zealotry that annoys me.

Step (1) after logging into new debian system:
echo > /etc/issue; echo > /etc/issue.net

If you aren't going to give credit where it's due, don't try to give
it at all.

Has anyone considered that *GNU* wouldn't be much of anywhere without
Linux?