On Wednesday 09 March 2005 05:04 pm, Troy.A Johnson wrote:
> I forgot to mention that this is on a Fedora
> Core 3 system. Sorry about that.

if you want them to load right after after iptables goes up, add

IPTABLES_MODULES="ip_conntrack_ftp"
IPTABLES_MODULES_UNLOAD="yes"

to /etc/sysconfig/iptables-config.

I'm pretty sure ip_conntrack will get pulled in either by default or by _ftp -
they seem to be pulled in with our client firewall rules (which include
state).  If it doesn't have both, try adding both to the modules line.

> I want to load the "ip_conntrack" and
> "ip_conntrack_ftp" iptables kernel
> modules at boot time.
> I am curious, though, if there is some syntax
> I could use in "/etc/modprobe.conf" to make
> these load at boot time. This seems "more
> correct" to me, but I have not found the
> syntax to make it work yet.

modprobe is only for module options or device request associated modules - it
works on request only (and cant force).

In the past (FC2) we had to force loading the pc speaker (modprobe pcspkr),
which the cleanest way was to add it to rc.local.

--
-dave

Dave Carlson <dave at math.umn.edu>

Systems Administrator
School of Mathematics, University of Minnesota
http://www.math.umn.edu

8 Vincent Hall
Computer Support Requests: 612-625-4895

Cell Phone: 612-747-5415 (personal)
E-mail Pager: 6127475415 at mobile.att.net

PGP/GPG Fingerprint:
C3D0 9962 1E98 B742 132D  0E1A CE11 7C4B 5309 97A7
(visit http://www.gnupg.org for more information)