I am working on a project where I want to use mediawiki for documenting the
project.  There are a number of people across the country that will have
access to the pages and need to modify documents as the work progresses
(LaTex capabilities needed).

Setup:

I have the software installed on a machine behind my firewall (iptables on
RH7.2 box).  I redirect a port on the firewall to the internal machine.  The
redirect works fine as it works for accessing dotProject on the same box.
The machine is a Suse9 install ... just because I had it available and ready
to use.  All of the dotProject pages come up fine on machines internal to
the network and external to the firewall.

I installed mediawiki and initially could not view it on the internal IP
address machines.  I then went to the actual monitor on the system and the
pages opened ... indicating to me I had some sort of redirection error.

So .. on the advice of some mediawiki types I turned off UseCanonical within
my httpd.conf file.  Great ... now all of the machines internal to the
firewall (192.168.1.*) machines can pop up the page and view it ... but ...
the people external to the firewall can still not view the pages.

the httpd log files really show nothing.  The access_log shows the requests
for the pages, but the error_log makes no mention of any error associated
with the request.

Thoughts or suggestions would be greatly appreciated as I need to put this
to rest.

Randy Clarksean, Ph.D., P.E.

106 N. Boardman Ave (physical address)
P.O. Box N (postal address)