On Sun, Mar 06, 2005 at 05:46:14PM -0600, Wyl Newland wrote:
> I must have Qwest DSL specifically so that I can retain my static IP
> addresses.  Do/can cable companies "bridge" me to my own ISP
> (Winternet)?  Alternatively, do/can cable companies rent me a static
> IP address sub-network.

When you have cable internet, you can not choose your own isp.

To get a static or a subnet with comcast or roadrunner, you need to
upgrade to business class service, which, iirc, bumps it to $99/mo or
better.

DSL is better because there is competition between the ISPs - though
speeds are still set by qwest as far as I understand it.  The ISP's seem
to mearly support whichever speeds the phone companies set, but I could
be wrong on that point.

Dan