Wayne Johnson wrote:

>Anyone have any suggestions for an AMD64 Motherboard for Fedora Core 3?
>Which chip set is best?  Sata or ATA?  Anyone have an opinion (duh, dumb
>question).

I'm assuming a generic meaning of AMD64 that includes Opterons.
I personally think that single processor MBs are waste of time, unless
one needs something really cheap or doesn't really need the power of a
SMP system.

Best Opteron MB:    Tyan S2895

http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderk8we.html

Best board that has almost everything you could want (except SAS, but
not many mainboards include it yet):

http://www.tyan.com/products/html/thunderk8we_spec.html

There may be LinuxBIOS replacement available supported by Tyan very soon.

Check the mainboards supported page of http://wiki.linuxbios.org/ in the
Tyan section near the bottom of the page or contact Tyan if interested.

------

Best chipset:	    nVidia nForce (TM) Professional 2200 (CK8-04) aka nForce4

However, I'm not sure I like the direction nVidia is going in regards to
binary Linux storage/RAID drivers plus an initrd rather than open source.

------

Sincerely,

Ken Fuchs <kfuchs at winternet.com>