Hey folks,

I've got cyrus-imapd running just fine. My issue is with Sendmail. Since
we're using RHEL 3, it's sendmail 8.12.whatever and won't use the sasldb2
file for authentication.

We don't want to have login accounts for the e-mail users, so unix and
shadow authentication are out. I would like sendmail 8.12.whatever to use
either sasldb or sasldb2. Tips on getting that done would be awesome.

We can't upgrade to RHEL 4 for a while because of production web
applications that have to be analyzed for porting. We can't upgrade sendmail
because we want RHN to update that for us. We don't want to use postfix or
exim.

If I tell sendmail to use sasl, it appears to do nothing, as it's logging
authentication somewhere I don't know about. If I make it use pam, pam-unix
gets used, using the normal user database. If I can get sendmail to use pam
with sasl, that would be awesome. Tips or pointers on how to do that
appreciated as well.

Many thanks,
Chris Schumann