After some intermittant, annoying problems with my home router, I
decided to get get an old spare out. It's a Netgear RP614v2, flashed
to the latest firmware.

It has an even worse problem - 75 seconds into a 163 second nmap -sT
run against a remote server I manage, it seems to lose it's ability to
route TCP traffic. I can ping the outside world, but I can't ssh or
http anything at all, LAN or WAN side.

So... the question:

What home routers do you guys use that just work? 802.11 isn't a
requirement, but most seem to come with it, so that's OK (as long as I
can turn it off.) I'm not interested in setting up/running another
computer just to be a router at home.

Anyone using he Linksys WRT54G?

Thanks,

Steve