So I'm trying to cut over a network from one provider to another. This
also means cutting over from one chunk of IP's to another because we
don't have our own allocation. I was hoping I could do something cute
like putting in a second NIC, assigning that nic an IP on the new
network and that host would anser requests from both networks during the
cutover, packets which come in on eth0 go out on eth0, packets which
come in on eth1 go out eth1. Sounds simple, eh?

This does not, however, seem to be the case. It seems to want to pick
one interface and use that for outgoing traffic. Is this the way it
should be? Can I convince it to behave like I want it to?

To alleviate some obvious questions:
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward is set to 0.
There are no IPTables rules running.

Josh