Hey guys,

I upgraded my machine to the AMD64 versiohn of debian a couple days ago.
So far almost everything is running smoothly, which is pretty cool.

One problem I'm having is the installer kinda insisted on installing grub
rather than lilo. Fine, I've always wanted to try grub out. Seems nice, I
see some advantages over LILO already.

The problem is, I can't seem to boot into OSes on a different drive (I
have Windows on my secondary drive for the occasional gaming/GPS session).
When I was using LILO, I had to do the whole MAP 0x80 to 0x81, so that the
bootloader reversed the drives before booting. Or something.

Is there an equivalent in grub? The entry that's there now is:

  title           Microsoft Windows XP Professional
  root            (hd1,0)
  savedefault
  makeactive
  chainloader     +1

/boot/grub/device.map has the correct information (hd0 is /dev/sda, hd1 is
/dev/sdb).

When I try to boot into that, it just hangs.

Anyone?

-Yaron