Hi,

I had netatalk running just fine on Fedora Core 3. I'm connecting with a Mac
OS 8.6. I'm certain there is nothing wrong on the Mac. But it stopped
connecting for some reason. The only thing I can think of that I did was add
a printer to the Linux machine that prints to an HP printer connected to a
Windows 2003 server. The Windows machines also connect to a Samba share on
the same directory that netatalk shares to the Mac. Now, I open the chooser,
click on Appleshare, click the button to enter an IP address, I get a login,
and when I enter a user name and password it hangs. The Mac doesn't
completely hang. I can force quit the chooser and the Mac still operates, it
just won't connect to the Linux server.

I've been over the netatalk setup till my eyeballs are bulging but I can't
figure out what's wrong. I'm kinda new at this so that's not saying a whole
lot.  What I need is a 1-2-3 on the most basic setup. I'm only connecting
one machine and I don't need anything complicated. I haven't tried removing
the printer because that just seems stupid that adding a printer would hose
netatalk, but maybe I should try it anyway. Any suggestions?

Thanks,

John