----- Original Message -----
From: Eric Stanley <barnabas at knicknack.net>
Date: Friday, June 10, 2005 1:22 pm
Subject: [tclug-list] OT: Windows XP window manager

> I'm working with Windows XP at work now and really miss some of the
> features of KDE (and other X window managers): highly configurable
> mulitple desktops, roll-up windows, transparency, etc.  Is anyone on the
> list familiar with an alternate desktop manager for Windows XP that
> has some or all of these features? Even a nice desktop manager would be
> an improvement.

Windows Powertoys has a Virtual Desktop Manager to manage up to four
desktops from the Windows taskbar.

http://www.actualtools.com/windowmanager/ seems to have some of the
features you are looking for. I can't remember which program I've used
before, but noticed some stability issues after it was running for a while.