This is what I do:

I port forward ssh through the firewall to my inside linux box (192.168.0.99
in your case). Then from the client I ssh to the linux box and set up an ssh
tunnel to the windows machine running vnc server, like this:

# ssh -L 5900:192.168.0.100:5900 ip-that-gets-you-to-your-linux-box

192.168.0.100 is assumed to be a machine running vnc server.

Then just bring up the vnc client and point it to localhost.

If I am running the client on a windows machine, I use the cygwin ssh, but
you can do it with PuTTY as well.

Patrick McCabe