> I'm confused.  Doesn't everyone use Cygwin/X (http://x.cygwin.com/) on
> MS Windows, so they can run X applications on MS Windows?

I dunno, personally I haven't even had windows on any of my own systems
for the last ~3 years.

And when I'm stuck in front of a Windows box at school, all the stuff I
want to use (Firefox, Gimp, GAIM...) runs native on windows anyway these
days. Which is far less intrusive than trying to install X...

And I use VNC to access my home system remotely, as its stateless, and
X11 protocol is too bloaty to work well over the internet anyway.