Hi Everyone,

Not sure if this would be better posted to an M$ list, but anyway, I'm running BIND 9.2.5-1 on Fedora Core 3 and I have a zone set up to allow-updates from a specific IP address that is a Windows 2K3 domain controller. The first time I set it up (a few days ago) everything seemed to work fine. Then the Windows machine started locking up every 30 minutes and had to be rebooted each time(I think maybe some printer software I installed). I just hosed it and reinstalled W2K3 from scratch, but this time, when I installed Active Directory the diagnostic (displayed during AD install) said it could contact the DNS server and that it supported dynamic updates and everything looked fine. But when I restarted after the installation it will not make the dynamic updates to the DNS server.

I'm sure all the TCP/IP settings are correct one the W2K3 machine everything is like it was the first time. Is there maybe something that has be reset / deleted / changed with BIND between removing the first AD installation and starting the second? I have rebooted the machine, but I checked over all the config files and I can't find anything amiss. But since AD initially queried the DNS server and confirmed that it was visible and that dynamic updates were allowed, I'm guessing that there is something I need to do with BIND. (I'm a little new at this)

thanks

John Sanborn