Ya that should work... Although are you actually running a xserver on
your windows box?

Actually, are you trying to display realplayer on your windows box or on
your linux box?

If you are trying to display it on a windows box from a linux box, you
will need an X server running on your windows box. This can be one of
the many commercial x servers or X running inside of cygwin, although I
don't know how well the whole ssh+putty forwarding thing would work with
X inside of cygwin, as I've never tried it.

~J