Dan Rue wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 01, 2005 at 10:45:06PM -0500, Yaron wrote:
>
>>That's because they have the current directory in the path.
>>
>>THIS IS A HUGE SECURITY VULNERABILITY and you should never, EVER do it.
>>Keep using the ./script. It's MUCH better than compromising security on
>>your box. I cannot stress this enough: do NOT add Current Directory to the
>>path.
>

> Good advise.  However, I live in the real world and I konw that certain,
> uhh, individuals will not change their habits.

there is something you can do that keeps both sides happy, put the
script on BOTH machines in /usr/local/bin, and add /usr/local/bin to the
path on both machines, removing . from the path on the old machine. and
presto everything works as expected.

alternatively if this script is for use by one user only, i usually have
a ~/bin in the path and put the scripts in that users bin directory.

--
Munir Nassar