When offering our experiences I said I had tried them 3 years ago.
Steve said "(too expensive last time I checked)" which was not
qualified with a time frame, which means it could have been longer.

Your information is helpful, but your comment "Ignore the clueless
people on this list" is irrelevant and does not jib with the
statements made.