On Thu, 21 Jul 2005 at 04:29PM -0500, dan wrote:
> I recently bought a 512MB stick of PC2700 Crucial RAM. But I only seem
> to have about 450-some MB of memory: when I run 'free' I get

...I also recently bought a motherboard with integrated video. "Sweet!"
I thought. "Now I don't need to get a separate video card."

I neglected to consider where the integrated video gets its memory
from. :)  In the BIOS, it's set to steal 64 megs of system memory, which
basically explains my missing memory. I changed it to 32, and voila, I
have 32 megs more system memory.

Thanks for Jim for suggesting I look there...

Dan

--
Ceci n'est pas une .signature.