I tried those nics about 3 years ago. I could not get them to work.
The drivers were not in the kernel so it was a big hassle. I am sure
support is much better now, but something to look out for...

I used FreeciSCO for awhile, but I found it easier to just install a
base Dist (in my case Gentoo) and go from there.

Brock