On Wed, 13 Jul 2005, Josh Welch wrote:

> Andrew Zbikowski wrote:
>>
>> Oh there are plenty of times in the real business world were you will
>> opt for Windows over Linux. ;-)
>
> Umm, no. Speaking as someone in the "real" business world who deals with
> "real" business issues the only times I can think of that I've opted for
> a Windows server has been when someone has decided to purchase an
> application which must be run on Windows.

I guess the topic was servers.  Unfortunately, most businesses that use
Windows on the desktop will not want to switch to Linux because of the
cost associated with the transition.  Also, many businesses have one or
two critical applications running on Windows that they can't easily port
to Linux.

The funny thing is, the Third World is going to be superior to the USA in
everyday computing in a few years because they're going to use Linux and
we're going to be held back by Windows.

Mike