On Tue, 12 Jul 2005, Justin Krejci wrote:
> On Wednesday 13 July 2005 10:04 am, Jima wrote:
> >  Yep.  If you had a 675, that's useless (and has been for years), but
> > they're telling people 678s "won't work" with the new installs, and that's
> > just false.
>
> The Cisco 675 is not completely worthless. If for example you still have an
> older CAP line from Qwest and your current router dies. You can use a Cisco
> 675 or a 678 as long as the 678 has a CAP cbos loaded. Note 2.4.8 is the
> latest (and likely last) version cbos for the cisco 67x dsl routers.

 Fair enough.  I should have specified "for new lines."  If, for whatever
reason, you still had a CAP line and needed a replacement 675, though, I'm
sure *plenty* of people would be willing to give away their 675 for the
cause, assuming they haven't thrown them out already.

> Also the actiontecs may need to have their firmware updated too.

 Possible.  I seem to recall the firmware upgrade page for the GT701 not
saying what version you were downloading, which made it rather difficult
to figure out.  I needed the line up, *then*, so I switched it out.

     Jima