> With sendmail...just add the domain to class w (usually
> /etc/mail/local-host-names), and then do the translations in
> virtusertable:
>
> fake at bogus.dl   good at realdomain.com
>
> You can even do:
> %@bogus.dl      %@realdomain.com
>
> And then <whatever>@bogus.dl will get translated to the same
> <whatever>@realdomain.com.

Is it legal to have more than one bogus email go to a real one?  or is
that a dup entry?
I'll try this out as soon as my "emerge sendmail" is finished :)

> The level of monkeyness will determine the level of verification that
> needs to be done.  This might be as simple as making sure there are at
> least X lines in the file (they didn't wipe it out), or as complex as
> confirming the format, valid address syntax, etc.
>
> And if you're going to have multiple monkeys making changes, you might
> need to put in some simple locking stuff at the beginning to prevent
> simultaneous editing.

100% windows users - command line is very scary to them ....I'll
prbably have to do some sort of samba share to the virt file or
something - just so they can edit in notepad....  sigh

Thanks for the great explination!

john