Quoting Chris Smith <chris.smith at apigroupinc.us>:

> I just got a 7TB SAN and I'd like to be able to mount the thing as one large
> partition..but it appears I hit the 32bit limit with fdisk. I've googled all
> over the place, anyone have any hints? I saw something about a config_lbd,
> but i don't see that in my kernel mkconfig..
>
> TIA,
> Chris

Is it really necessary to fdisk it? I've made file systems on disks without
creating partitions, i.e.:
# /sbin/mkfs.ext3 /dev/sda

It seems to have worked fine, is there something horribly broken about this?
However, I believe that ext3 tops out at 4TB in its most current iteration, so
you would need a different file system such as xfs.

Josh