On Fri, 21 Jan 2005, Ryan O'Rourke wrote:
> Can someone please explain to me why it might be preferential to have
> the default set to reply only to an individual and not to the entire
> list?

I happen to think it's very broken behavior myself; but users who aren't
used to mailing lists seem to expect that when they click "Reply", it will
go to the person, and when they click "Reply All", it will go to the list.
*shrugs*

Personally, it annoys the heck out of me to get a direct copy of the
message instead of just receiving it through the listserv. Procmail rules
on List-Id don't work very well on direct replies, after all!