Hi,

I'm goofing around with the planet ccrma packages.

I have fc3 running on a k7s5a mainboard with an audigy platinum for sound. I can't get the midi ports on the front of the whatever-they-call-it-that-sits-in-a-5.25-drive-bay device to work. The alsa driver web pages say that the front ports are unusable; I've seen other things that say you just have to send a control sequence to the device to activate them (and the IR port).

Just wondering if anyone on this list has had any success with using this card for MIDI in. After two nights of googling, I'm starting to think maybe I'll cut my (time) losses and just buy a better-supported device. Any suggestions for one of those?

On a more or less related note, the lsm module from ccrma doesn't seem to be working properly on my system. A bit of history on this system: I was running RH9, then yum upgraded to FC2, then yum upgraded to FC3. So I'm not entirely sure whether the SELinux stuff was ever installed properly...on fresh installs of FC3 I've noticed the installer program asks how you want SELinux installed...but I remember nothing like that when I yum upgraded my home system.

For example, when I try to start jackd using jackstart, it complains that capabilities are only "=ep" when they ought to be "=eip". And even when I successfully start jackd by invoking it just as jackd, apps like muse won't start and complain that they can't connect to jackd (even though everything is running under the same uid).

thanks people,
Steve Linabery
World Cycling Productions