What about having a gmane interface as part of the archives.  I
believe you can post without having an account already set up.

<quote>
In addition, Gmane does spam detection, cross-post handling, has a
TMDA-fueled encryption/forwarding service, a web interface, respects
X-No-Archive, supplies RSS feeds, uses SPF, features user-defined
filters, and has a real-time indexing search engine.
</quote>

Jeff Rasmussen