When apt-get upgrade wanted to download 100M,
I noticed there were packages I don't need.
When I tried to remove them with apt-get remove, it
wanted to remove additional packages. For example:

  # apt-get -s remove atlantik
  The following packages will be REMOVED:
    atlantik atlantikdesigner kde kde-amusements kdeaddons kdegames

I assume there are other programs that depend on kde.
Google and Debian docs didn't clear up the confusion.
Additional test commands didn't help.

  # apt-get -s remove atlantikdesigner
  The following packages will be REMOVED:
    atlantikdesigner kde kdeaddons
  # apt-get -s remove kde
  The following packages will be REMOVED:
    kde
  # apt-get -s remove kfax
  203 upgraded, 23 newly installed, 4 to remove and 153 not upgraded.

>From the above it appears apt will let me remove kde.
The kfax remove is thoroughly confusing.

Is there a command that shows package dependencies?
Is there a way to remove a single package?
Any clarification will be appreciated.

Thanks

Thad