"Mandrake in the News
ZDNET: Mandrake 8.1 offers superior server platform.
Here's a wonderful article about some of the "high-end" capabilities of
Mandrake Linux that we don't hear enough about:

"Mandrake Linux 8.1 is an excellent choice for organizations seeking a
viable, stable, technologically advanced alternative to Windows-based
servers. While its utility as an alternative desktop is still dependent
upon (growing) commercial app support, Mandrake's server environment is
an excellent--and affordable--option for use as an Internet gateway or
file and print server for Windows (and Linux) clients. Its included
applications and utilities are highly useful, and its support offerings
are more than adequate for corporate server deployments. Also, its
support for ACLs (with XFS) enhances Mandrake's capabilities as a
file/print server in NT environments.
Organizations looking for ways to lower their server costs would be
well advised to evaluate this latest offering from Mandrake."
http://techupdate.zdnet.com/techupdate/stories/main/0,14179,2826684,00.html"

Mandrake has gotten better about not turning on every service, they ask now
before they turn it on and warn about any that are on by default.  But,
having said that, I still run RedHat on my servers and Mandrake on the
desktop.  Although, I have been having problems with 8.1 and am now running
RH on one of my desktops.

Thanks,

James Spinti
jspinti at dartdist.com