datebook, todo list, and memopad. It does lack in initial pilot setup
however. (Creating the user profile on the palm.) You'll either have to do
this step with the pilot-link tools (command line, read the manual) or
from the Mac/Windows Palm desktop. Gnome-Pilot will also handle this. KDE
has kpilot, but I am unsure of what it can do.

I use jpilot for editing my address book on my desktop. That's about all I
really need (entering many addresses on the palm can be tedious...).
Exerything else (install apps, backups, etc.) I do from the command line
(pilot-xfer -p /dev/visor -i whatever.prc to install something pilot-xfer
-p /dev/visor -b to backup)

Andrew S. Zbikowski | http://www.ringworld.org
"We can learn much more from wise words, little
from wisecracks and less from wise guys."
--William Arthur Ward