It appears that a RoadRunner DHCP lease is good for about 2-3 days at a
time, and it seems to be renewed automatically to the same IP unless you
change to a different NIC.  I have been swapping between an NT gateway and a
Linux gateway several times in the last 2-3 weeks, and they always come back
to the same IP that they had based on the NIC.  The delta has been 1-2 days
on the switch.  I have been using the Linux gateway exclusively for the last
6 days, and checking the NT event log shows that it didn't even try to renew
the lease for 2 days after being disconnected.