takes the action you specified. Going by that, web traffic from
192.168.1.1 should never see the second rule.

After adding this rules, everything seemed to be working. I could access
the web from the proxy server (with and without going through squid) and
from my desktop. Yay I thought. Then I stopped squid, and tried pulling up
a web page, and it still worked, so obviously my web traffic didn't get
redirected to squid.

So perhaps I was having a delusional moment instead of a genuis moment
while sitting in traffic last night. Can anyone see why this wouldn't
work? Can you see how it would work?

Andrew S. Zbikowski       | Home: 763.591.0977
http://www.ringworld.org  | PCS:  612.306.6055
They must not get baseball sized hail in Redmond.
If they did MS would have realized HailStorm is a
bad name for their new services.