acceptance of industry standards does indeed make standards-based software
development much easier.

And if a truly open version of Hailstorm were developed, I would not
hesitate to jump on the bandwagon when the time came. Whatever the
license, as long as it is free-as-in-speech, I will be reasonably happy
with it.

My concern is that there will probably be many developers who will not
stop to consider the ramifications of working with MS Hailstorm, simply
because it looks to be the defacto "standard", when it might be better to
either 1) put up with the inconvenience of not having such a framework, or
2) develop for ourselves an open framework similar to Hailstorm, but
without the licensing, copyright, and IP issues.

Anyway, thanks for the clarification. I hope the articles were informative.

Dave

On Thursday 31 May 2001 15:48, thus spake Joshua Jore:

--
"Nihil tam munitum quod non expugnari pecunia possit. (No
fortification is such that it cannot be subdued with money."