> Well, what hard drive is set as the boot device? You want LILO on this
> device, not the device where you installed Linux. (IE, if you installed
> Linux on hdb1, you want lilo to be installed on hda.)

I tried various things when putting it to a hard disk.  One thing that I didn't
see, which I remember from putting Slackware on my laptop, is it never asked me
which drive I wanted to setup as bootable.  Where do I designate this when
dealing with multiple drives?

> Linux will install and run from just about anywhere, but you have to install
> LILO on that first hard drive (and not the first partition on the first hard
> drive!)

I tried different partitions to help distribute the load: /var on /dev/sda2,
swap on /sda1, /home on /dev/hdb1, and so on.  I wasn't sure if this was causing
the boot problems or not.  Is there a problem with having a partition setup like
this?

> As for the scsi problems, check and make sure your scsi drivers are loading.
> If you're booting off SCSI, your SCSI drivers must be compiled in to the
> kernel and not loaded as modules. Typing 'dmesg | less' should display the
> information you need to see if your SCSI card is detected when Linux boots.

Will have to check more on this later.  I thought that the scsi drivers were
use the boot disk (with scsi card modules on it: aic7xxx.s).  Thought that might
have done it.  I also said for it to load the scsi things on setup.  When
looking at the fstab file, I noticed that my floppy, cd-rom, and scsi HDD
weren't listed in there.