Authenticated Internet access. Customers with Internet sites using Windows 2000 authentication will require CALs for authenticated users connecting to their sites. Such customers may comply with this licensing requirement by purchasing CALs in "Per seat" or "Per Server" mode. Or, they may opt to purchase the new Internet Connector license for unlimited Internet CALs on a single server. Access to Internet sites by anonymous users does not require a CAL.
The Internet Connector runs about $2K (nice symmetry ;-) and allows unlimited authenticated web users per server.

These licenses are written so that the average person (read: non-lawyer) is so confused they buy the most encompassing (and expensive) option just to be safe.

Later.
Jack