On Fri, 14 Jan 2005, Jim Carter wrote:

> If you're using PuTTY, you can setup the the tunnel so you don't have to
> double VNC.  Here's some info about it:
>
> http://www.shebeen.com/vnc_ssh/
> http://www.uk.research.att.com/archive/vnc/sshvnc.html
> http://talk.trekweb.com/~jasonb/articles/vnc_ssh.shtml

That is good stuff.  I've done that before.  Now I'm interested in moving
to VNC Enterprise because of the convenience of built-in encryption.

I am most interested in getting VNC Enterprise server running on Linux.
Then I can allow many users to have VNC sessions running and I won't have
to worry about security.  I don't want to have to trust them to use SSH,
and I don't want to force them to take the extra steps to set it up.  (I
think I could force them to use SSH by compiling VNC with libwrap.a and
using tcp wrappers /etc/hosts.{deny,allow} to block connections other than
from localhost.)

Mike