Tom Marble wrote:

> Nate Carlson wrote:
> > Other than that, I haven't had any problems with Vonage as a landline
> > replacement. I've just outgrown them; I run my own Asterisk box, and would
<snip>
> 4) Is there a point at which you wouldn't need Vonage anymore (or will
>    they always serve as the PSTN gateway, forwarding/voice mail agent, etc.)?

I'm assuming that there always has to be a provider involved at some
point in this process to interface with POTS users and to provide the
routing to a phone number for incoming calls, is that true?  It would be
neat if I could ditch phone providers all together and set up my own own
all IP based system but I'm guessing that's out of the question at this
point.

> I actually think this is very on-topic!

Getting more so now with this new angle added to the equation.

Thanks for all the input everyone!
Ben.