On Fri, 14 Jan 2005 12:33:00 -0600 (CST)
Mike Miller <mbmiller at taxa.epi.umn.edu> wrote:

> I was just trying to ping my old Win98 box from my office and it did
> not  work.  I think it has been like this since I moved to a new
> home and  started using Time/Warner as an ISP.  Anyway, I don't see
> anything about  it on the web, so do you guys know if Time Warner
> blocks that kind of  traffic?
>
> It also seems that I cannot use VNC to connect to home from my
> office.  Do you know if Time/Warner blocks VNC traffic (TCP port
> 5900)?

I'm in North Minneapolis on TW RoadRunner (residential) and I've never
known them to block any port.  The only thing they've done
occasionally is check to see if there is an open relay on port 25.  I
have used both ping and VNC on road runner.

Any other hardware like a router involved in your network that could
be blocking VNC or Pings?

Josh