Greetings:

I have a Solaris 9 box that I have a huge honking *.zip file on. When I
try to unzip the file, I get a
skipping: big_honking_file.txt need PK compat. v4.5 (can do v2.0)

I googled on the error and found that:

It seems that Info-Zip <http://www.info-zip.org/pub/infozip/>, the
standard open source archiving utility that comes with many UNIX
distributions, does not support unzipping files who’s original size was
over 4GB. Most open source archiving packages make use of Info-Zip code,
so they do not support it either. When you try to unzip a file like
this, you get an error:

|skipping: yeas3/yeas3.TRC need PK compat. v4.5 (can do v2.1)

Here is the link to the article:|

|Link to article -
http://toadstool.se/journal/2005/01/11/unzipping-large-files-in-unix

I looked at the man page for unzip and found:

v5.32 3 Nov 97 Info ZIP

I assume zipped files greater than 4GB were scarcer than hen's teeth
back then.

So my question is to all the Linux people on the list that support
Solaris at work. Do you know a tool that I can use on a Solaris 9 box
that will unzip a *.zip file that is greater than 4GB?

Thank you for the time,

Perry Hoekstra