Transfer policys vary quite a bit from school to school so I think I'd
check with an adviser at the tech school to get the details on their
transfer policy. Then try and find some place locally that is more
convenient for filling out the requirements and transfer them back to
finish the degree. Its been a long time since I had to worry about it,
but in general it was easier to transfer credits outside of your field
of study than those for classes for core courses, but the whole things
is pretty ad hoc so I'd start with an academic counselor at the tech
school and see what they say.

--rick