On Tue, 11 Jan 2005 09:19:03 -0600, whiterabbit1 <whiterabbit1 at gmail.com> wrote:
> If one is stupid enough to be pointing lasers at aircraft they deserve
> all they get.

While I agree, America's laws dictate that the party involved has a
right to a fair trial by peers, have legal representation, and be
allowed the rights of any other person charged criminally.

I'm going to leave this thread alone after this post, as I don't think
any of us know enough of this specific case to determine if this guy
was held under the USA-PATRIOT Act, FAA regulatory violoations, or
otherwise.

IMHO, this guy is guilty of being criminally stupid, but I don't think
charges of terrorism would be warranted, except to "make an example"
of him, which is not what our court system should be used for.

Now on to bigger and better things.