Well you may want to try using Fdisk.

You will need a windows 98 boot disk as NT/XP does not use Fdisk.

at the command prompt c:\fdisk /mbr

I don't think it will help but it may work.

You may be better off with Knoppix, I read something on slashdot today
that talked about this sort of problem.

Hope this helps.

BTW... I was stopped at a stop sign about 9:15pm this evening and BANG.
I got rear ended.
Blond, 17, big Americans, I still called the police.  The snow has
turned crummy drivers, in to REALLY crummy drivers.
Be careful in the morning on the way to work, or when ever you work.

Sam.