Thought I'd let the group know I figured this one out.
First of all it wasn't JUST netgears. I bought a hawking to test a
different print server and it didn't work either. Anyhow, Shorewall
2.0.x didn't work, Shorewall 1.4 did, and finally upgrading to
Shorewall 2.2 fixed it. It is a beta unfortunately, but it seems to be
fine.

Chris