John Meier wrote:

>I've always been curious of this Distro - and now there's a free offer
>until Jan 15:
>
>https://shop.linspire.com/shopping/cartProcessor.php?addItem%5B0%5D%5Bsku%5D=DDXXXUSRDEAL1M&addItem%5B0%5D%5Bfulfillment%5D=digital&addItem%5B0%5D%5BcouponCode%5D=desktopsummit
>
>As found on http://www.osnews.com/story.php?news_id=9311  :
>

>: A free download of Linspire and 30 days of CNR service, available
>through this link. The offer expires on January 15, so act fast.

Tried a free CD distro of Linspire about six months ago when they
changed the name from "Lindows" to "Linspire".  Thing that did not
appeal to me was that one had to subscribe for a fee for additional
applications not provided on the CD distro.  Many of those applications
are "standard" on most of the major Linux distros out.  The GUI looked
nice but keep it only for a few days and loaded something else on like
Mandrake 9.2.

My ".02"

Jerry W