On Monday 03 January 2005 11:21 pm, Jack Ungerleider wrote:
> As Chief Cook and Bottle washer of TCZPUG, I will gladly help administer a
> TCLUG Plone site. But I would suggest that the site be rebuilt using the
> current Zope and Plone versions.

Following these directions:

http://plone.org/downloads/debian

# apt-cache policy plone
plone:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2.0.4-1
  Version Table:
     2.0.4-1 0
        500 http://ftp.mn-linux.org unstable/main Packages
     2.0.3-1 0
        500 http://nathan.faho.rwth-aachen.de ./ Packages

Hmm, official debian unstable has newer version then the official plone
repository?

Let's try official debian package.

# apt-get install plone
<snip>
plone: Depends: zope-cmfplone (= 2.0.4-1) but it is not going to be installed

Seems like a grave error to me. But:
http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/pkgreport.cgi?pkg=plone

No  bug report for this problem.

Remove the http://nathan.faho.rwth-aachen.de ./ Packages entry, try again.

# apt-cache policy plone
plone:
  Installed: (none)
  Candidate: 2.0.4-1
  Version Table:
     2.0.4-1 0
        500 http://ftp.mn-linux.org unstable/main Packages

# apt-get install plone
<snip>
plone: Depends: zope-cmfplone (= 2.0.4-1) but it is not going to be installed

# su - tanner
$ reportbug plone

Put deb http://nathan.faho.rwth-aachen.de/debian/zope/ ./ back into
sources.list.

# apt-get update
# apt-get install plone=2.0.3-1
<snip>
plone: Depends: zope-cmfarchetypes (>= 1.3.0) but it is not going to be
installed
Depends: zope-cmfplone (>= 2.0.3) but it is not going to be installed
Depends: zope-ploneerrorreporting but it is not going to be installed

Official(?) packages borked too!

So, this makes me think plone -isn't- the solution since there aren't
stable(ish) packages for debian.
--
Bob Tanner <tanner at mn-linux.org>          | Phone : (952)943-8700
http://www.mn-linux.org, Minnesota, Linux | Fax   : (952)943-8500