Bob Tanner wrote:

>10 months after deployment, only 17 tclug members have signed up for the beta
>testing of a community maintained web site for tclug. I think plone has been
>a complete failure.

<history snipped>

>If people want to contribute, lets get the tools in place to make it easy.
>
>Is plone not the right tool for tclug?
>
>Do we need to look at another tool? Recommendations?
>
>Comments?

I'd forgotten all about it.

The tool doesn't matter.  The content matters.  It draws people in and
gets them excited.  I developed a collaborative knowledge base at work
last year and had to keep adding content and reminding folks it was out
there for a good six months before people started contributing
regularly.  It took another six months to get buy-in from management.
Now it's running itself.

The discussion page
http://twiki.org/cgi-bin/view/Codev/HowToGetInternalBuyInForTWiki was a
great reality check on the amount of work it takes.

A few examples of how to do things in plone like set up a tclug package
repository would help a lot.  I see a blank, generic site right now and
don't have a clue where to go from there.

--
Carl