-----Original Message-----
From: tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org
[mailto:tclug-list-bounces at mn-linux.org] On Behalf Of George Fischer
Sent: Tuesday, February 22, 2005 5:18 PM
Cc: tclug-list at mn-linux.org
Subject: Re: [tclug-list] wrong kernel module loaded for wireless card

I'm sure the prism54 driver won't work.  The card (which is in the
slot at the moment, so I can't check) is a ver 4 of the wg511.  When I
first plugged it in and the prism54 module was loaded, I tried my best
to get it to work.  I tried several different revisions of the
firmware (linked from prism54.org) and it was no go.  I'm pretty sure
I found a message somewhere from someone else who never got ver 4 of
the card to work either.  The lesson I've learned from trying six
different cards is that there are no prism chipset cards that work
anymore.  (which is why, I assume, the website hasn't seen much
activity since June of last year)

But that's fine, since the ndiswrapper works great.  I'd have to use
non-Free software either way.  The only thing I want is the
ndiswrapper module to be loaded on insert, instead of the prism54
module.
-----End Original Message-----

If you add the prism54 driver to the hotplug blacklist it should stop trying
to load the prism54 driver so you can load the correct driver.

Joseph Key